I recently saw Anna Griffin on HSN and she was demonstrating her new Iris folding kit so I decided to make one using my Cricut. You only need one Iris folding template and you can use it for lots of different Cricut cuts. You can even make the iris fold part in advance before you make your card. I had so much fun coming up with this system.
In the video below, I demonstrate how to make this card as well as how to use the iris folding template for other Cricut cuts. Also, I demonstrate how to make two additional Cricut cards and how to design the openings. You can use Cricut Craft room, your Gypsy or Design Studio to cut out the openings. In the video, I use my Gypsy. This technique will also work for other cutting machines.
- On the web page “My Kinda’ Living”, Iris Folding Pattern/Template, right-click and copy #3 Square Iris Folding Pattern/Template
- Open Microsoft Word. Right-click and paste it in to the Word document.
- In Word, go to View menu and click Ruler. There should be a ruler with inches on the top and left side of the document.
- Grab the bottom right corner of the graphic and drag it to 4 1/8 inches on the rulers and let go.
- Hit print and you are ready to go!
Have a great day!
Update: 6/21/12 Link to template fixed!